We, at Skirt Strategies, operate by certain tenets (the girl code)
- Women do things differently, we do it Like A Girl
- Women’s natural leadership traits are strong business levers when utilized
- When outnumbered, women’s natural skills may not emerge
- Women are not moving into higher leadership positions often because they feel uncomfortable adapting male leadership attributes to fit in
- We teach women to embrace their natural leadership strengths
- Learning should be fun!
Skirt Strategies’ Philosophies
- Development begins on a personal commitment level
- Tiny Trainings = Big Results
- Leadership growth must be incremental, continuous, and reinforced by the environment
- Leadership requires self-awareness, training, and maintenance of a host of skills and techniques
- Skirt Strategies continually puts a wide range of leadership opportunities in front of its participants through a variety of channels: workshops, emailed assignments, study groups, online forums, and personal mentoring.
What is it about Skirt Strategies that yanks your chain a bit?
- Could it be that you’ve been a victim of a good ol’ boy network?
- Maybe you’ve been looking for that promotion, but you feel like you’re not taken seriously. (honestly, that’s what you “get” for being young and cute)
- Are you feeling that you’re “missing something?” You’re stuck or needing a smooth transition to something else?
- I know! You’re juggling too many balls and the work-life balance just ain’t happening. (Ain’t nobody got time for that.)
- Do you have iron-poor blood and can’t seem to get your hair to do what you want it to?
- No one pays attention to you when you wear your power-cape. That’s just irritating!
Any or all of those, or you JUST want to be better at leading. It’s about professional development!
These are our objectives, at least the biggies
- To help you attain your personal and professional goals.
- Develop the leadership pipeline nationally with high-potential and capable women.
- Educate members and provide an ongoing professional training.
How to help the cause
Join our monthly membership at $8 a month, either as a support to the cause, or to take part in building you personal leadership.
Definitely join our free mailing list for occasional tips as well as an announcement when we are needing you for a bigger push, such as our campaign presented in Kickstarter.
Being aware of the overall issue is a great start. See the website tab called PROOF WE ARE RIGHT that references research articles.